What grades does GreenTree Preparatory Academy serve?
- Beginning with the 2019-2020 school year, GreenTree Preparatory Academy will serve grades 6 through 9 and will grow by one grade level per year as follows:
- 2019 – 2020 School Year – Grades 6 through 9
- 2020 – 2021 School Year – Grades 6 through 10
- 2021 – 2022 School Year – Grades 6 through 11
- 2022 – 2023 School Year – Grades 6 through 12
Does GreenTree offer transportation for students?
GreenTree Preparatory Academy works with the Milwaukee Public Schools Department of Pupil Transportation to offer students safe, reliable, responsive, and efficient transportation services. All routing information originates from GPA’s student-information system. Please contact the GPA Office if your family is moving or if you would like to request a different bus stop.
- To search transportation eligibility by address, please visit https://www1.milwaukee.k12.wi.us/TransEligibilityCheck/.
- For more information about transportation, visit http://mps.milwaukee.k12.wi.us/en/Schools/How-to-Select-a-School/Transportation.htm.
What are the school hours?
The student school day begins at 8:40am Monday through Friday. The student day ends at 3:55pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. The student day ends at 12:55pm on Wednesdays. The full academic calendar may be viewed here.
Do students wear uniforms?
Yes. All GreenTree Preparatory Academy students wear uniforms. The dress code is designed to establish a professional learning community and prepare students to lead or own tomorrow’s businesses.
How does GPA utilize technology for student learning?
GPA is equipped with 1:1 Chromebooks and internet access throughout the facility. Additionally, students in the STEM academy are offered ChromeZone programming whereby students will learn how to repair Chromebooks in-house. Two telepresence classrooms expose students to virtual coursework, virtual field trips, and global connections. Incorporation of robotics, 3D printing, and other technologies are explored as students move through the academies.